Valve has removed a Steam Early Access game and offered refunds to players after gamers spoke out to say that the title was "a scam" and "broken." The game in question is Earth: Year 2066, which we said in our Early Access review was a "barely functional disaster."
Earth: Year 2066 originally launched in April for $20 and its page has been flooded with messages about its lacking quality. Of course, Early Access games are not meant to be finished produc ts, but Valve says Earth: Year 2066 crossed a line.
Here is Valve's statement: "On Steam, developers make their own decisions about promotion, features, pricing and publication. However, Steam does require honesty from developers in the marketing of their games. We have removed Earth: Year 2066 from Early Access on Steam. Customers who purchased the game will be able to get a refund on the store page until Monday May 19th."
This is not the first time Valve has taken action against a Steam game after gamers spoke about to voice their concerns. Last year, Valve removed zombie game The War Z from Steam after gamers said developer Hammerpoint was misleading them. Valve even said it was a mistake to publish The War Z in the first place. The War Z has since re-emerged on Steam the form of Infestation: Survivor Stories.
| Eddie Makuch is a news editor at GameSpot, and you can follow him on Twitter @EddieMakuch |
|---|
| Got a news tip or want to contact us directly? Email news@gamespot.com |
Put the internet to work for you.
